Hello! I’m back with another Comics Roundup, highlighting the efforts of the comic in either creating quality new comics, or recovering classics from the past to re-read. The last week of April was fairly busy, so let’s get to it!
- 25/04/2015: Infection: Chapter 3, by Pyren. The infection continues to spread as our trusty member jim_cjr re-releases another installment of this classic series. The truth behind the biological weapon is revealed, while Sergeant Jacobs risks his life to stop an outbreak.
- 26/04/2015: CRISIS Issue 3, by Andres. The ever-reliable Arctic Avenger digs up one of the most well-known GMod comics of the past. Unfortunately missing a few pages (and using the cover for the ‘redux’ version of the first issue), you can still get the gist of a counter-terrorist op to prevent a national crisis.
- 26/04/2015: FERAL FURY: Concept, by Ninja Nub. A new arrival to the community, Ninja Nub brought this short concept piece that he may extend into a full comic. Two former allies fight in the name of honor and loyalty to settle the score – whether yin can beat yang depends on the feedback to the concept.
- 29/04/2015: CRISIS Issue 4, by Andres. The subsequent issue of CRISIS that Arctic Avenger posted. The line between friend and foe is blurred as a civil war in US soil escalates.
- 30/04/2015: Reception issues, by Ninja Nub. Ninja Nub’s second comic this week, playing off an old bug in Half-Life 2. A Civil Protection officer who just wants to play Snake on his phone gets an unwelcome visitor.
Edit: Oops, I accidentally skipped Ninja Nub’s second comic in the original version of the post! That’s what I get for writing these when I’m tired. Apologies to both you readers as well as Ninja Nub for the omission.
After much deliberation, this week I actually opted to leave comics out of the official Roundup – however, they’ll get an honorable mention all the same, as well as an explanation for their absence.
One of the forums’ newest member, matthewbert, has begun work on a series titled The Raid, for which he has already released three chapters. Being his very first comics and released in quick succession, they have a lot of room to grow, but matthewbert not only started with some solid layout work and dedication, he’s already started to take feedback into consideration, which is admirable. As these are early efforts, I decided to give him time to grow as a comic maker and further improve his comics before featuring him here. Hopefully it also gives him a goal to strive for in order to reach new heights.
Naturally, if you are interested in seeing these, you can do so by looking for them in the forums’ comics section. If you do, I hope you’ll enjoy them, and leave feedback for matthewbert to take into consideration.
While that’s it for this week’s Roundup, there’s still new content coming to Metrocop before the end of the week! Today happens to be a very important date in GMod comics history, as it’s the tenth anniversary of Concerned: the Half-Life and Death of Gordon Frohman. I’ve been working on content to mark this monumental occasion and, if everything goes according to plan (hopefully!), you’ll see it before the day is over. In any case, let me take this opportunity to congratulate its creator, Christopher C. Livingston, for the amazing comic he started to put together a decade ago.
Please stick around for the Concerned-related content and enjoy!