Here we are again! I have to admit, I was expecting this week to be quite slower after three Roundups in two weeks. And while it definitely wasn’t as eventful, it still kept some great momentum with more re-releases of old classics and two brand-new comics from beloved authors! Congratulations are in order to the Metrocop community, whose efforts continue to pay off.
- 12/04/2015: Brane Worlds: Episode III, by Hazard-life. Arctic Avenger continues to re-release one of Hazard-life’s classics. Slade and Valkyrie 27 continue their hunt for the renegade Professor Hemdall, with surprising leads and unexpected consequences.
- 12/04/2015: Beyond Borders Episode IV, by Jim_Riley. Just a couple of months after the re-release of the first three episodes, Jim_Riley’s back with a brand-new episode of his magnum opus. While the Combine hierarchy suffers a coup d’état, Mark’s journey continues with new allies and new threats.
- 15/04/2015: Infection: Chapter 1, by Pyren. Archived and re-released by CJR, The first of seven chapters chronicling the story of Civil Protection Sergeant Alex Jacobs and the conspiracy hiding a deadly virus.
- 15/04/2015: Tabula Rasa, by John-Matrix. A master returns! Old-school PHW staffer John-Matrix makes his eagerly awaited comeback to comics after a long hiatus with this nostalgic yet humorous comic. Welcome back!
That’s all for now, but I’ll be back soon for more news and I’m sure the community will keep up the good work. Check back soon!
Hello! If memory serves, this is the first time I get to make two Comics Roundup in one week! The last one was a special occasion, but thankfully the week was so active that there’s enough material for two roundups. Good work, everyone who contributed!
- 06/04/2015: American Marine Man: HD Collection, by pvt.jenkins. A re-release of both American Marine Man issues on the forums, one of which was already mentioned previously on Metrocop. Read for a good patriotic chuckle.
- 08/04/2015: A Sound of Awesomeness and Near Elite Birfday Comix, by Mac. A couple of humorous short comics, archived and re-released by Arctic Avenger.
- 08/04/2015: A couple of unreleased comics, re-released by Arctic Avenger. Two more comics that Arctic Avenger had backed up, both are short teases for longer comics that were never finished. The second, created by Kaka Hayate, is notable for its tight editing.
- 08/04/2015: Some old comics by Nexus Elite. A whooping fourteen comics I managed to find in DeviantART from Tribal Rose’s very own Nexus Elite. Really worth a read or re-read.
- 09/04/2015: Soft Power Issue 06, by PypeBomb. And to top it all off, a brand-new comic, the sixth part of PypeBomb’s ongoing series.
Of course, this week also saw the release of Mythic Comics #2, and I am happy to report that both the aforementioned Nexus Elite and old-school PHW comic maker John-Matrix have joined the Metrocop forums! If you haven’t yet, you should join us too – the more, the merrier!
Overall, it was a really great week for Garry’s Mod comic making, with brand new comics and old-school classics all getting the spotlight. Here’s hoping we can keep the momentum going! See ya and stay tuned!
Hi, everyone! Just a bit of a newsflash this time, although if you’ve been keeping an eye on the forums, you’ll know there’s a bunch of stuff to include in a second Comics Roundup by the end of the week. That’s not what I’m here to talk about this time, though!
In case you missed it, this year’s silly little April Fools joke was done on the forums. For a day, Metrocop became “PHW 2.0″, a well-intentioned little joke referencing the long-defunct Garry’s Mod comics website. It was naturally meant as a temporary thing, but there were a couple of requests to turn it into an actual option. Therefore, I did some tinkering and I can now debut the “Public Health Warning” theme, a revised version that is meant as a nostalgic throwback to days of old.
Take a look and spot the differences between the regular Metrocop theme and the new one (click each image for a high-resolution version):
It even has a PHW-inspired logo! Hope you like it!
Even if you’re not a registered member, you can still change how the forums look to you – just scroll down to the bottom of a forum page, look to the bottom left and choose your option in “Choose a Theme”! That said, please do register and join the community, as it’s full of great people and lots of fun! The theme’s just a little extra, and there’ll be more where that one came from.
That’s all for now, but check back soon for more comics-related news!
Yeah, long after the intended late February release, Mythic Comics #2 is finally done. I shouldn’t even think about release dates, but I figured I might be able to finish this quickly… and then burned out two thirds through. My apologies.
Click the cover to be redirected to the comic:
Please leave a comment if you liked it, or post your opinion on the forums. Thank you for your patience, I learned my lesson and won’t make any promises for when #3 might come out, but be assured that it will. Keep checking the site and the forums for further updates!
Hello, everyone! Bet you weren’t expecting news so soon! Well, I decided to do an early Comics Roundup for various reasons: for one thing, to compensate for the lack of updates throughout the last month; for another, thanks in large part to the efforts of community member Arctic Avenger, today saw a large number of comics posted on the forums, which justify having an extra Comics Roundup.
Without further ado, here are all the comics released on the forums today, 06/04/2015:
- The Payphone, by Jim_Riley. The single brand new comic in this roundup, a spur-of-the-moment short comic from the creator of Beyond Borders. Think Phone Booth meets Wanted.
- GTR 222: Insertion, by RileyB. The first of Arctic Avenger’s many re-releases today, and reportedly the comic that persuaded him to make comics in the first place. A military operations against the Combine, but with a supernatural twist. Sadly, the final page is missing, but Arctic Avenger was kind enough to provide a description.
- Brane Worlds: Episode I, by Hazard-Life. The first of a four-part late classic by one of the all-time greats, Hazard-Life. The noir tale of private investigator Lewton Slade takes a sharp left turn when otherwordly creatures and a technologically-advanced rescuer barge into his life.
- “Escape”, by Shalroq. This fantastic but unfinished piece by a PHWOnline staffer tells the story of Allen Smith, a refugee attempting to escape City Seventeen.
- Conflict: Ban Ops Issue 2, by Arctic Avenger. Arctic Avenger’s response to Shalroq’s inability to continue his “Escape” comic.
- Brane Worlds: Episode II, by Hazard-Life. The second part of Brane Worlds, this time shedding some light on the backstory of both Slade’s unlikely guardian angel, Valkyrie 27, and the multiverse of the comic.
A big thanks to Arctic Avenger for archiving so many old classics and being kind enough to repost them for everyone’s enjoyment. Of course, thanks to Jim_Riley as well for releasing a brand new comic and keeping up the great work!
Coincidentally, I’ve long tried to contact Hazard-Life in order to get his old series archived here on Metrocop, as they were some of my favorites, punctuated by unparalleled imagination and originality. In the off-chance he actually reads this, if you’d be so kind as to allow for this to happen, please contact me through the contact form here on the site or through the forums.
That’s it for now, but hopefully there’ll be some more comics, new or old, to allow me to make a second Comics Roundup this week. Stay tuned!
It’s been a while since I’ve updated… oops! My apologies, I’ve been a bit busy with real-life stuff, though I’ve been ever-present on the forums, which actually had a small handful of releases in the past month and a half. My apologies for the members whose comics were posted a while back but didn’t get a Comics Roundup at the time, theirs are included in this Roundup alongside a couple of recent re-releases.
- 08/03/2015: Soft Power Issues 01-05, by PypeBomb. One of the more recent additions to the forums, PypeBomb’s Soft Power is an ongoing epic political thriller set in an original universe of his creation.
- 25/03/2015: SuperFort Part 1 Redux, by Fort. Old-school comic maker Fort’s back with a remake of one of his old comics. Featuring less-than-super heroics!
- 01/04/2015: DUEL, by headshotmaster. Forum member Arctic Avenger has a personal archive of old-school GMod comics from various members of former comic communities, including this one, an action-heavy duel comic with a twist.
- 01/04/2015: Frank O’Hara, by Jim_Riley. Another old classic Arctic Avenger had saved up, this time one of fellow member Jim_Riley’s. Originally created for a contest, this is a fun action romp with a very ’80s action movie style to it.
That’s it for now! I must also apologize for the embarrassment of not having released Mythic Comics #2 yet, but like I mentioned earlier, I’ve been sidetracked by other concerns. That said, it’s not too far off from completion, so hopefully I’ll finally get it done and released sometime soon, long after the original intended release date. Ah well, GMod comics.