2015 continues with more brilliant Garry’s Mod comics by members of the community! And I still struggle not to use “2014” even though we switched calendars a few weeks back!
- 16/01/2015: All you had to do CJ was follow the damn train, by Crazy Knife. The ever-popular Facepunch comic maker returns with a hilarious look at the most infamous mission in Grand Theft Auto history.
- 16/01/2015: Servers Redone Part 4, by usaokay. Originally intended as a bi-weekly series a year ago, usaokay’s remake of his videogame-set story continues at last.
- 19/01/2015: Intervention, by Blooper Reel. A really cool, really funny short comic showcasing an old time travel trope.
Another good week for comics, hopefully this trend will continue! Stay tuned for further updates.
Hey, guys! It’s been a while since I did a Comics Roundup, mainly because the only recently-released comics were AJ Rimmer’s Worse than Life, which are published on Metrocop. There’s been a few more new comics recently, so it’s the right time to round ‘em up again!
I would usually do this during the weekend, but I’m going to be away for the next few days so I decided to release this earlier. Oh, also, I just realized I’ve been consistently using the DD/MM/YYYY (Day, Month, Year) date format, which may be confusing to American readers, so let me clarify: this was posted on January 15th, not on the first of some imaginary fifteenth month! Apologies for any confusion my European heritage might have wrought.
With that out of the way, let’s look at what our friends have been making recently:
- 10/01/2015: Zoey the Super Spy, by usaokay. A short, three-panel humorous comic capitalizing on a slight controversy surrounding a custom model released recently that is essentially Black Widow from The Avengers with Zoey’s head rather than ScarJo’s.
- 11/01/2015: クローズクォーターコンバット, by Ninja Nub. A Metal Gear Solid action scene in comic form. If you’re wondering, the title’s Japanese (via Google Translate) for “Close Quarters Combat”.
- 15/01/2015: The Gear of War, by usaokay. Another short joke comic by usokay and essentially a sequel to his earlier Zoey comic.
- 15/01/2015: Psycho-Therapist, by Near Elite. Near Elite’s back with his personal skin series, this time featuring the return of a friendly face in a not-so-friendly situation. Featuring three different Male_09 models, including yours truly!
Four comics in less than one week – not too shabby! Sadly, my own comic making is somewhat stalled as I’m awaiting help from some very talented map makers in order to proceed. Should be good, though! And hey, you might see updates to the Comic Archive sooner rather than later! Stay tuned!
Hello, everyone! How is 2015 treating you so far? Well, I hope – and if not, this should help!
AJ Rimmer’s made another Worse than Life episode, this time dealing with going out on a date and the repercussions that can have. Check it out:
Not a bad way to start the tenth anniversary of GMod comics, huh? That’s all for now, but more news soon!
Hi, everyone! As promised, this year I decided to look back at how Metrocop fared during the past year. On one hand, I’m doing it as a means of transparency in regards to the site’s initiatives and their results; on the other, by doing this, I believe it’ll shed some light on where Metrocop can go in 2015. It’s gonna be a mostly informal thing (this isn’t exactly an academic paper of a business report), and hopefully it’ll be as enjoyable for you as it is for me!
Hello, everyone! Mythos here with a quick message for everyone who visits the site.
I hoped to have some sort of Christmas Update ready but, sadly, I didn’t get anything ready in time for a big present this week. That said, I do have a bunch of comics to upload to the Archive, so I figure I’ll be peppering smaller updates throughout 2015 to keep content coming, as well as put other comics in the spotlight!
I also have another major project for the site that I hoped to debut this month, but I’m postponing it till next year. In fact, I suspect I’ll write a bit more about what 2015 will bring in the near future, but for now I’ll just say this: with Mythic Comics on production and this new secret of mine (as well as the second half of The Adventures of Hercule Cubbage to come, of course), I expect 2015 to be a busy year for Metrocop!
For now, though, just two things. First off, there’s a couple of recent comics to mention – a Christmas short by usaokay and Crazy Knife’s sweetroll comic from a couple of weeks back that I didn’t have the opportunity to report. UPDATE: Crazy Knife’s also just released another comic, a massive Christmas special.
The second is, quite simply…
Enjoy the season, and thank you for your continued visits to Metrocop! 2015 will bring it to a whole new level, just wait and see!