Hey, how’s it going? Bit later than usual, but here’s the Comics Roundup for this week. Quite a number of comics too, thanks to our awesome community!
- 13/06/2015: Soft Power: Issue 8, by PypeBomb. PypeBomb’s series continues, with things going from bad to worse. Someone may not make it out alive!
- 16/06/2015: Misc comics by Pvt. Jenkins. Jenkins brings us a whole bunch of humorous comics he’s made in the past. Note: please don’t try man-eating rituals at home!
- 17/06/2015: Infection: Chapter 8, by Pyren. jim_cjr concludes the re-release of the classic series. Jacobs finally learns the truth behind his infection and faces his now-revealed archnemesis.
And that’s that! We’re in full-blown Summer mode now, which also means that a lot of people have gone on vacations and therefore the community is less active. Still, I hope I’ll still be able to bring you some more highlights from the Metrocop forums. Take care and have fun!
Hey, guys! Believe it or not, this is the twentieth Comics Roundup that Metrocop has done – good job, everyone who has released a comic, new or old, for the past 8 months! I congratulate your commitment to our virtual art form.
Anyhow, sadly the Summer drought has hit and there were no comics released last week, but this week we had a couple of good surprises! One of our established old-schoolers re-released a couple of his old classics, whereas a fan-favorite comic maker of old resurfaced to bring us a masterpiece from the past. Without further ado, let’s see what we’ve got:
- 09/06/2015: The Awkward Adventures of the Sniffer 1 & 2, by Mjolnir82991. Mjolnir brings back one of his classic characters in a re-release of two old-school comics: the Sniffer! Watch in awe as the Sniffer puts his uncanny, and frankly kinda creepy, abilities to work in day-to-day situations. Wherever there is trouble, he will smell it!
- 11/06/2015: 007: The Last Martini, by Cmdr.Death. The author of The Third Reborn, featured in a Comics Roundup a month ago, returned to the comics community, bringing along this re-release featuring Bond, James Bond himself, and what awaits him in retirement.
Three comics in one week from two old-schoolers isn’t too shabby at all! Definitely not something you would’ve seen just a few months ago, but we were lucky here at Metrocop to have so many talented creators from the days of old return. Let’s keep this momentum going, everyone! See ya soon!
Hello, friends! Apologies for the slightly late Comics Roundup, I’ve been a bit sidetracked as of late – and not just by the awesome TF2 Mann vs. Machine match we had last Thursday! Still, better late than never, so let’s look at last week’s releases.
Unfortunately, it was a slow week at Metrocop, but we’ve still got two comic re-releases and one brand new comic to keep us entertained:
- 26/05/2015: Money Woes, by usaokay. Speaking of Mann vs. Machine, usaokay brings us a comic based on actual events in one such match. Where all the money at?
- 26/05/2015: Zero Hour Part 2, by CPShArp. mcharest once again brings us part of CPShArp’s Seven Hour War comic. Tensions rise as the United States Marines try to hold off the Xen aliens and a squad of soldiers investigates unusual circumstances.
- 31/05/2015: Infection: Chapter 6, by Pyren. We near the end of this classic series as jim_cjr continues to repost it. Now inside the city walls, Jacobs’ condition continues to worsen, the Combine – and someone else – get closer to catching him, and an unexpected connection to Half-Life 2 is revealed.
We’re now getting closer to the midway point of the year, and it’s been a really good one for Garry’s Mod comics so far, especially compared with the previous years. Hopefully we can all contribute to keeping the momentum up! I’ve been fairly unproductive of late regarding brand new comics, but I’ll work on it – until then, stick around and make sure to take part in the forums!
Hello, boys and girls! I’m here to extend you an invitation to join the Metrocop community in a match of Team Fortress 2‘s Mann vs. Machine mode! I’ll be there to bring the average skill level down, as will the forum moderator ESToomere (who is kind enough to host the server) and hopefully some more people so it’s fun rather than depressing.
The match will be today at 4PM GMT / 11AM EST – just a couple of hours after I post this! You can find the server IP and password on the Steam Group event, but bear in mind, you have to join the Steam Group itself to view the password. We only want friends to join (which, if you are reading this, includes you, so don’t worry)!
Hope to see you there, joining the fun! And if you’d like to be a part of the Metrocop gaming scene, or even propose some games to play, join the discussion thread on the forums!
Hi there! Another week, another Roundup, all thanks to the continued efforts of the Metrocop community! This past week, we got a repost of another installment from an old classic, as well as three brand-new comics to enjoy. Check them out:
- 17/05/2015: Combine Exchange Program Episode 3: Impressions, by Mjolnir82991. The recently-returned classic creator continues to put everyone else to shame with his productivity of amazing new comics, continuing his new series with a showcase of how Civil Protection learn their lessons.
- 17/05/2015: Infection: Chapter 5, by Pyren. CJR is once again kind enough to continue the re-release of Pyren’s classic series. Alex Jacobs and Isaac Renne stage their escape attempt from the Combine prison, but Jacobs’ infection manifests in unexpected ways.
- 18/05/2015: Prisoner of War: Episode 1, by JoshRifles. JoshRifles makes his comics debut with an action-filled first installment. Lots of potential for the future and definitely worth checking out.
- 18/05/2015: Waifu-B-Gone, by Fort. Inspired by our friends over on the Facepunch forums, Fort’s hilarious short comic demonstrates how to get rid properly of your waifu.
Pretty good output this week! Hopefully our fine friends will continue their good work. In the meantime, I’m doing some comics work of my own, so please look forward to that. Thanks for reading, and please consider joining the forums if you haven’t yet. I’ll see you guys next time!
Hello again! While the Widescreen Update may now be over, that doesn’t mean there aren’t any more comics to read! In fact, while this was a slower week in terms of community-released comics, we were lucky enough to get not one, not two, but three brand new comics!
So, without further ado, here’s what’s new this week:
- 10/05/2015: Soft Power: Issue 7, by PypeBomb. PypeBomb’s back with yet another new (and massive!) installment of his ongoing series. He also provided a behind-the-scenes look at the comic’s production, including deleted scenes.
- 11/05/2015: Combine Exchange Program Episode 2: Rules, by Mjolnir82991. This classic author is back with yet another brand-new comic! This time, we look at how Civil Protection and Overwatch Soldiers both deal with violence in their jobs.
- 13/05/2015: Beating Quotas, by ESToomere. Our resident Mod and mapper has finally dabbled into comic making for the first time in years, coming up with this short and sweet humorous comic looking into why Civil Protection is so fond of using their stunsticks.
Not too much in terms of new content, sure, but not only did you get over a hundred classic comics uploaded to Metrocop this week, the forums have also seen yet another comic maker return to the community, as Hazard-Life joined and revealed plans for a brand new series! Exciting times are ahead, so stay tuned for more awesomeness!